Forklift batteries are used as DC power supplies for forklifts, tractors, trucks, underground mining locomotives and other equipment, and are widely used in airports, stations, ports, vegetable and fruit markets, industrial and mining enterprise warehouses and other places. Forklift battery refers to a battery dedicated to forklifts that uses batteries for work. This is the battery installed in the battery of an electric forklift. The accumulator is a kind of battery, and its function is to store the limited electric energy and use it in a suitable place. Its working principle is to convert chemical energy into electrical energy.It should be noted that the battery should not be placed horizontally because the inside of the battery is generally 22-28% dilute sulfuric acid. When the battery is being placed, the electrolyte can flood the electrode plates and there is still a little space left. If the battery is placed horizontally, part of the electrode plate will be exposed to the air, which is very harmful to the electrode plate of the battery. Generally, the observation hole of the battery or the top of the battery has a vent connected with the outside. Therefore, the transverse discharge solution of the battery is easy to flow out.
Six Points for Safe Use and Maintenance of Forklift Batteries
1. Liquid level: It will shorten the service life of the battery if the electrolyte is lower than the rated liquid level, and too little electrolyte will cause thermal damage to the battery.Therefore, attention must always be paid to whether the electrolyte is sufficient.
2. Terminals, wires, and covers: Check the junctions of the battery terminals and the connections with the wires for corrosion caused by oxidation, and check whether the cover is deformed and whether there is heat.
3. Appearance: Dirty surface of the battery will cause leakage. Keep the surface of the battery clean and dry at any time.
1. Add water: Add distilled water according to the specified liquid level. Do not add too much distilled water in order to extend the time between adding water. Adding too much water will cause the electrolyte to overflow and cause leakage.
2. Charging: During the charging process, the battery will produce gas. The charging place should be well ventilated and there is no open flame around. At the same time, the oxygen and acid gas generated during the charging process will affect the surroundings. When the charging plug is unplugged during charging, an arc will be generated. Turn off the charger before unplugging the plug. After charging, there is a lot of hydrogen staying around the battery. Open flames are prohibited. Open the battery cover when charging
3. Maintenance of terminal, wire and cover: it must be carried out by professional and technical personnel designated by the manufacturer.
4. Cleaning: If it is not too dirty, you can wipe it with a damp cloth. If it is very dirty, remove the battery from the car, rinse it with water and let it dry naturally.
1. Storage place: It cannot be short-circuited; short-circuit caused by rain may cause a fire and may produce a small amount of hydrogen. Therefore, the battery must be stored in a ventilated, cool place.
2. Waste storage battery: The used storage battery still has electric energy and should be kept according to the storage method of the used storage battery.
1. Check the specific gravity: Use a suction hydrometer to check the specific gravity, do not let the electrolyte spill out during operation, and wear protective equipment.
2. Operations other than inspection: Consult professionals, especially when replenishing electrolyte (dilute sulfuric acid).
3. Electrolyte leakage: Due to the overturning or damage of the battery, the electrolyte leakage should be dealt with immediately.
End of Life Operation Method
1. Operation of the end-of-life battery: When the battery is approaching the end of its life, the electrolyte in the single cell will be reduced very quickly, and distilled water should be added every day.
2. Disposal of used batteries: For used batteries, draw out the electrolyte and decompose the batteries. It can be negotiated whether to be recycled by the battery manufacturer.
1. Electrolyte splashed on the skin: Rinse with plenty of water
2. Electrolyte splashed into the eyes: Rinse with plenty of water, and then receive treatment from a professional doctor
3. Electrolyte spilled on clothes: Take off clothes immediately, rinse with water and then rinse with weak alkaline soap.
4. Electrolyte leakage: When the electrolyte leaks to the outside, immediately neutralize it with lime, strong carbonated soda or carbonated soda, and rinse with plenty of water.